TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Distracted driving comes in many forms and the consequences can be deadly.
That's a lesson the community learned on Wednesday.
The ‘Save-a-Life’ tour stopped at Ivy Tech Community College in Terre Haute. It included a traveling drunk and distracted driving simulation center.
We talked to a student who went through the program. She says the feeling of driving drunk was eye-opening.
“I never want to do it, it was kind of scary and a little weird to not be able to control the car as well as I normally do,” said Catherine Airhart, student at Ivy Tech. “And it's just not a situation I want to put myself in.”
This program is presented to high schools and colleges across the united states.
- 'Save-a-Life' tour makes a stop at Ivy Tech Community College
- Ivy Tech Community College MRI Certificate
- Ivy-Tech Community College holds Express Enrollment Day
- Ivy Tech hosts welding competition
- Ivy Tech holds annual Community Health and Wellness Fair
- Ivy Tech hosts annual agriculture expo
- Ivy Tech's Precision Ag facility grows
- Ivy Tech students receive hands-on experience
- Ivy Tech holds Express Enrollment Day
- Ivy Tech offers new mining class