TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A facility hopes to serve as a resource to those battling Kidney Disease.
DaVita Terre Haute Dialysis is officially open for business in Terre Haute.
The facility celebrated with a ribbon cutting on Tuesday outside of their new building on 6th Avenue.
At DaVita, patients can receive dialysis treatment and care.
Staff say there's a great need for it in the area.
"We were having to send our patients other places, they were having to drive, which was very inconvenient," said Cheri Stephens, Group Facility Administrator, "Dr. Gaurav started doing research and saw the need for here, and Sullivan, and Brazil and put it all together and it's finally coming true."
Right now, the facility is only accepting commercial patients. After they receive approval from the state board, Stephens says they'll offer care to anyone who needs it.
DaVita is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, starting at 5 a.m. Closing time, Stephens says, depends on the patient load.
To learn more about DaVita's services, or other locations, you can call Cheri Stephens at 812-340-0849.
- Kidney care facility opens Terre Haute location
- New insurance location open in Terre Haute
- Bank opens new Terre Haute location
- Chili's Terre Haute location closes
- A new storage facility opens in Terre Haute
- New assisted living facility opens in Terre Haute
- Riddell National Bank opens new Terre Haute location
- Clay County-based restaurant set to open Terre Haute location
- Terre Haute shipping facility starts big expansion
- Pyrolyx prepares for second Terre Haute facility