LOGANSPORT, Ind. (AP) - Indiana's governor is directing flags at the Statehouse be lowered in honor of former state Treasurer Julian Ridlen on the day of his funeral.
Ridlen was the Logansport city judge before being elected state treasurer in 1978 and 1982. He later was elected to two terms as the Cass County Circuit Court judge.
Kroeger Funeral Home says Ridlen died Oct. 10 at an Indianapolis hospital at the age of 77.
Gov. Eric Holcomb's office says flags at the Statehouse and in Cass County should be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Wednesday, when Ridlen's funeral will be held at Calvary Presbyterian Church in Logansport.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Governor directs flags lowered for former Indiana treasurer
- Indiana governor directs lowering flags for Florida victims
- Indiana governor lowers flags to honor John Dingell
- Holcomb directs flags to half-staff for Patriots Day
- Holcomb directs flags to half-staff for bar shooting victims
- Indiana BMV directed to repay final $3.3M in fee overcharges
- Gov. Holcomb directs flags to be flown at half-staff in wake of Texas church shooting
- Holcomb directs flags to be flown at half-staff for 1st Lt. Cullen's funeral
- Brazil school turns trash to treasure
- Former treasurer to spend time in jail