SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Fork in the Road Crew receives lots of tips about spots that have great food, and sometimes they just get lucky.
Driving through Sullivan County they spotted a sign that caught their attention. And that sign lead to not only some tasty food but a really unique atmosphere.
A truck with the word pizza scrolled across the windshield is a great way to get the Fork in the Road Crew to swing in for a bite.
Once you step inside Backstreet Pizza in Sullivan, the classic car design goes to a new level.
“The flooring is what they're pretty crazy about, they want to know where I got my linoleum but its piece by piece paper flooring.”
From the magazine page floor to the flatbread truck table, this restaurant is a car guy’s paradise.
It's a great touch in the dining room, but for the crew, it always comes down to the food.
“Some people come in for spaghetti, lasagna, the sandwiches or the pizza, I don't have one thing where everybody is like holy crap kind of deal you know what I mean,” said Scott Queen.
Patrons probably don't have a go to, because everything Scott Queen trotted out for us to try was delicious.
“I just try to do all the simple things, and make them good you know.”
Pizza's going down the assembly line, loaded with toppings before they hit the oven. From the basic meat lovers to a chicken Alfredo
The teriyaki wings were a big hit as well.
This pizza place has the makings to go from backstreet to Main Street.
To find out more information about Backstreet Pizza, including their menu, location and hours click here!
- Fork in the Road: Backstreet Pizza in Sullivan
- Fork in the Road: Goodie House Pizza in Sullivan has a pizza so hot...you need to sign a waiver
- Final Fork: The Greathouse of Pizza
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Fork in the Road: The Hitchin Post
- Fork in the Road: Taste Terre Haute
- Fork in the Road: Wheel House Donuts
- Fork in the Road: Honeysuckle Hill Beestro
- Fork in the Road: Syd's Place
- Fork in the Road - Flesor's Candy Kitchen