VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County Sheriff’s Office is warning citizens of a current scam circulating throughout the county.
Vigo County Chief Deputy Moats states citizens are receiving a call claiming to be deputies who have warrants out for their arrests.
This is definitely a scam” Chief Deputy John Moats said.
The caller claims to be with VCSO and states they can avoid arrest if they put a certain amount of money on a Greed Dot debit card for payment. The caller then demands they stay on the phone until the card is loaded with the money and the payment has been received.
“Not only does our office not have a Warrant and Citation Division, under no circumstances will we call demanding money for a warrant” Chief Moats said.
Detectives with the Vigo County Sheriff’s Office are continuing to investigate in this case.
- Sheriff's Office warning of phone scam circulating in Vigo County
- Jail bond phone scam circulates in Sullivan County
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of 'jail bond scam'
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of attempted scam
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns about 'Price is Right' scam
- Brazil PD warns of phone scam
- Parke County Sheriff's Office warns of scam attempt
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of scam targeting families of inmates
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of ransomware computer hacks
- Central Indiana police agencies warning of IRS scam phone calls