VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - Two days have been scheduled where residents of Vincennes will be able to dispose of large, unwanted items at no charge.
This is a partnership between the City of Vincennes and Republic Services.
On Oct. 28 and again on Nov. 4, citizens of Vincennes will be able to take large items that cannot fit in trash bags to Republic Services located at 2706 North Second Street.
Items will be accepted on both days from 8 until 11:30 a.m.
Items that may be delivered to Republic Services include household furniture, mattresses, large toys, carpeting tied in three (3) foot bundles, and appliances not containing chlorofluorocarbons (CFSs) and hydrofluorocarbons (HCFCs) such as refrigerators and air conditioners.
Some items that will not be able to accept include construction debris, building materials, tires, paint, liquid waste, electronics or hazardous waste, tires, Freon-containing or appliances that have contained Freon, batteries, free liquids including paint cans, oil jugs, chemical jugs, materials containing asbestos or E-waste.
Paint cans may be accepted if they have become solid waste.
A form of photo identification is required which shows your address and to verify that you are a resident of Vincennes.
If you have questions or would like more information, please call Republic Services (812) 882-1215 or the Vincennes Street & Sanitation Department at (812) 885-2520.
- 'Large item disposal days' scheduled for the City of Vincennes
- Vincennes teams with trash service to help you dispose of large items
- Vincennes releases leaf pickup schedule
- Vincennes passes city budget
- Vincennes city parks get WIFI
- Vincennes city councilman passes away
- Vincennes honors city's founder with new statue
- Vincennes city council tables food truck ordinance
- Rainy Tuesday impacts Clay City Fair schedule
- Tox Away Day gets rid of household clutter items