VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Vigo County man who was arrested in March on a charge of impersonating a police officer, has been arrested again.
Steve Ferree was first arrested on March 30.
The Vigo County Sheriff's Office reported the alleged offense happened on Feb. 10 at the Hamilton Center. That's when they say a man entered the facility wearing a coat that had a Sheriff's Office insignia on the front and the word 'Sheriff' on the back.
An employee said Ferree identified himself as John Wilson and that he wanted to speak to the Hamilton Center about a jail inmate.
The Hamilton Center provided the Sheriff's Office with surveillance photos at which point two members of the Sheriff's office identified the subject as Steve Ferree.
A jury trial had been set for this case for Nov. 14.
Then, on Thursday night, Ferree was arrested again for three new charges. Those charges include theft, fraud and exploitation of a dependent. He was booked into the Vigo County Jail just after 10 p.m. with a bond of $10,000, 10 percent allowed, cash only.
Ferree is set to be in Division 3 Friday morning. News 10 will continue to follow this case and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Vigo County man already facing impersonation charge, arrested again
- Cayuga man arrested, facing drug charges
- Man arrested, facing attempted murder charges in Greene County
- Man arrested after Vigo County stabbing
- Vigo County woman faces a charge of incest as pair arrested on child sex crimes
- Man arrested, facing charges after fight in Cayuga
- Hymera man arrested, facing drug charges after police stop
- Former ISU basketball player arrested, facing charges
- Crime Stoppers: Vigo County man wanted on drug charges
- Vigo County man charged with rape, child molestation, and incest