VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County School Corporation passed its annual budget Monday of $150 million dollars.
Those dollars are focused on major changes, such as renovating the three Vigo County high schools.
Now, school leaders are asking to hear from you to decide if the community wants to see updates to the local high schools.
At the last school board meeting, we reported the potential expenses calculated by the Fanning Howey Group.
There are several options for the school board to consider. Those include add-on and renovations to Terre Haute North, South and West Vigo High School.
Another option would add a new high school on the east side. Also, there's the mega school.
However concerns still remain for taxpayers. That's because some are worried about the possible price tags behind renovating the three high schools.
“When you're talking about the possibility of a half a billion dollars in buildings... We need to take our time, we need to know what we're going to do, how are we going to spend this money, how we're going to raise the necessary funds, how long,” said Donald Barnett, a Vigo County resident.
This is why school leaders are asking for your concerns, because it may involve your tax dollars.
Winston/Terrell Group, an Indianapolis firm, is hired to gather public input on the project. They will play a role in helping voters decide if it will even happen.
- High school renovations; leaders asking for public input
- Public input needed in VCSC superintendent search
- County leaders to hold a public forum for jail input on Wednesday
- Firm meets with Vigo County School Board and the public with high school renovation plans
- 'This is our children's education, your grandchildren's education' Push for public input in VCSC high schools future
- School approves plans for renovations
- Eastern Greene High School renovates after construction defects
- Students break ground on Richland County High School renovations
- Vincennes leaders continue work for public wifi
- County leaders, public hears final jail recommendations