WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - $84,000 in grant money will now help serve our community.
Wednesday morning was the "Fall Grant Awards put on by the Wabash Valley Community Foundation.
Nine non-profits received grants including the CANDLES Museum and CODA received $18,000 for security upgrades.
And one recipient with the Riley Township Lions Club says this will have a major impact on their reading action program.
"Our program wouldn't exist without it,” Raymond Collins said. “It's very simple, without these funds, we'd be very limited at what we'd be able to do."
Below is a complete list of the organizations that received grant money:
CANDLES - $10,000
CODA - $18,000
United Campus Ministries - $12,000
Miracle on 7th Street - $5,000
Camp Navigate - $10,000
Hamilton Center - $4,000
Riley Township Lions Club - $3,600
Union Health Foundation - $10,000
Friends of Seelyville and Lost Creek Township $12,000
- 9 non-profits receive grant money from Wabash Valley Comm. Foundation
- Groups awarded grant money through Wabash Valley Community Foundation
- Two Wabash Valley towns receive DNR grants
- Wabash Valley airport seeks grant money for runway project
- Wabash Valley school receives national honors
- Three Wabash Valley schools receive 4-Star status
- Wabash Valley Community Foundation collection socks for those in need
- Non-profit receives national accreditation
- Local art programs receive grant money
- Communities across the Wabash Valley receiving federal money for town improvements