TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Special Response Team was called to the Super 8 Hotel near Interstate 70 Wednesday morning.
Terre Haute Police Chief Plasse stated they were called to the hotel located at 3089 S. 1st Street for a possible robbery suspect from Marshall, Illinois.
A witness at the scene told our crew that they had evacuated the third floor of the hotel and they searched from room to room on the third floor.
Around 9:30 a.m. Chief Plasse stated that while they found the suspects car in the parking lot, they did not locate him in the hotel.
The Marshall Police Department released a statement just before noon in regards to this case. They report it was around 2:25 a.m. when police were sent to the 700 block of Jeannie Drive in Marshall for an armed robbery.
The victim told police there were three suspects involved who entered the home, held the victim at gunpoint and demanded items before leaving. Marshall Police report two of those suspects were located and taken into custody.
Police are still searching for that third suspect but a name and/or description has not been released at this time.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- THPD SRT called to Super 8 for possible robbery suspect from Marshall, Illinois
- THPD SRT called to help arrested wanted man
- Illinois Armed Robbery Suspect captured
- THPD investigating two robberies Monday night
- Marshall, Illinois pool nearing completion
- THPD Investigating Shots Fired
- THPD investigating armed robbery at Metro PCS on Monday
- VIDEO: THPD releases video from robbery at Metro PCS
- THPD enforce dance permit ordinance
- THPD welcomes new K9 officer