MARTIN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Indiana Department of Transportation reports a lane closure of U.S. 50 just east of Loogootee.
Starting on or around Oct. 5 the westbound lane of U.S. 50 east of Loogootee will be closed from Scenic Hill Road to Brickyard Road.
Officials report this is due to sliding of the road bed.
There will be a temporary signal to divert traffic into the eastbound lane and while this signal is in place, the lane closure will be in effect around the clock.
The slide correction is expected to take about 10 months to complete. As always, INDOT urges motorists to slow down and avoid distractions, especially in work zones.
- INDOT: Lane closure starting Oct. 5 in Martin County
- INDOT addresses dangerous Knox County intersection
- Clay County crash on I-70 forces westbound lane closure
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Road closure in Terre Haute starts Monday
- One arrested after pursuit in Martin County
- Power restored in Daviess and Martin counties
- Martin County hostage situation ends without incident
- Martin County man killed in crash
- Falling tree kills driver in Martin County