TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - America's oldest standing vaudeville theatre is now on the market.
We are talking about the Hippodrome.
It could be yours for less than $300,000.
The building is located at 8th and Ohio in downtown Terre Haute.
It has served as the Scottish Rite Temple since 1955.
Before that, some big names performed there, like Lucille Ball, Will Rogers, and Bob Hope.
The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in the early 80's.
- Historic Terre Haute building could be yours for $300,000
- New Terre Haute apartment building nearing completion
- Historic building in downtown Terre Haute likely new home of CANDLES museum
- Historical marker honoring Syrian population unveiled in Terre Haute
- Historic Terre Haute house opened its doors to the public
- Plans to build pedestrian walkway between West Terre Haute and Terre Haute move forward
- Crews respond to fire at Terre Haute Prairie Farms building
- Terre Haute Fire Department set to make their buildings safer
- VA taking proposals for a new Terre Haute building
- Terre Haute Police Department's building gets the clean-up treatment