PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Two people were transported by helicopter after an accident in Parke County on Thursday.
The Parke County Sheriff's Office reports the accident happened just before 3 p.m. on Thursday on U.S. 36 about two miles east of Rockville.
Officials report the vehicle left the road, crashed through the guardrail and went down the large embankment and flipped onto its roof.
Both the driver and the passenger were trapped inside the vehicle for about 20 minutes before crews were able to get them out.
The driver and passenger, both from Newport, were taken to an Indianapolis hospital by helicopter for their injuries.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Two people air lifted to Indianapolis hospital after Parke Co. accident
- Local hospitals lifting visitor restrictions
- One taken to hospital after Parke County vehicle accident
- Terre Haute's hospitals lift flu restrictions
- 5 people, including 2 judges, shot, wounded in Indianapolis
- Parke County man airlifted after lawnmower accident
- Air Show road closures, parking, events
- Flu restrictions lifted at two Wabash Valley hospitals
- Jasonville Boil Order Lifted
- Seelyville boil order lifted