TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An early morning house fire on Locust Street in Terre Haute has been ruled as arson.
Firefighters were called to a fire at 2141 Locust Street around 6:30 Friday morning
Crews found heavy flames coming from the home. We're told the house was condemned.
Nobody was inside, but neighbors tell News 10 that people are in and out of the house all the time. A witness also told our crew at the scene that she woke up around 5:30 a.m. and saw two strangers on the porch of 2141 Locust Street. That is when she says she saw smoke coming from the house.
Police and fire crews arrived about 30 minutes later.
Just after 11 a.m. officials told News 10 the fire had been ruled arson. An investigator stated there are three to four stains where accelerate had been used.
- House fire in 2100 block of Locust Street ruled arson
- Terre Haute Fire Department responds to Locust Street house fire
- Section of Locust Street closed on Thursday in Terre Haute
- Section of Locust Street to close for railroad repairs
- Crews close part of Locust Street to fix railroad crossing
- Terre Haute house fire kills family dog, ruled arson
- Car fire in Terre Haute ruled arson
- Weekend fire in Terre Haute ruled an arson
- Man arrested for arson after weekend fire on 18th Street
- Trump birth control coverage rules blocked nationwide