VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A stretch of roadway in Vigo County remains closed and it looks to stay that way, at least for right now.
The stretch is on Riley Road and the closed portion runs from Moyer Drive to the roundabout at the 641 Bypass.
The Vigo County Highway Department blames the closure on bridge structural issues.
County Commissioner Brad Anderson was on site Friday and said the county will be getting recommendations from a bridge company they work with on how to fix the problem.
At this time we do not know when the stretch of road will be open.
- County looking to fix bridge issue before opening Riley Road
- INDOT: McDaniel Road Bridge officially open!
- Cook Road Bridge in Vigo County one step closer to being fixed
- Why bridges ice before roads
- Bridge project pushed back after weather issues
- Walnut Theater in Brazil set to re-open after fixing projector issue
- Work starts on Cook Road bridge in Vigo County
- Completion timeframe set for McDaniel Road bridge
- Work on hold for Cook Road Bridge
- The city of Brazil receives $747,912 to fix roads