CARROLL COUNTY, Ind (WLFI) —The Carroll County sheriff confirms that Indiana State Police investigators have landed in Colorado to question Daniel Nations.
Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said ISP investigators are in El Paso County, Colorado to question Nations. He said the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has been sharing similarities in cases in Colorado to the Delphi double homicide.
Investigators are trying to determine if Nations is linked to the murder of two Delphi teens. Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered back in February near the Monon High Bridge Trail.
On Monday, Nations was arrested for allegedly threatening people with a hatchet on a trail in El Paso County, Colorado. He's also being investigated for the murder of a bicyclist who was shot near the same trail.
Police in Colorado say he was arrested there driving a vehicle with expired Indiana plates.
Nations was initially taken into custody in Colorado on a weapon charge. He has also been charged with menacing and reckless endangerment.
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office expects more charges will be filed.
News 18 asked if a murder charge would be included. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office PIO Jacque Kirby said at this time she couldn't answer as it was too preemptive.
- ISP returns from Colorado investigation
- Daniel Nations faces more charges
- ISP responds to NAACP allegation about Flora fire investigation
- ISP hands off investigation into police-action shootings
- Parke County Sheriff's office has detained suspect in connection to ISP gun theft
- ISP partners with the National Guard for Marijuana Eradication Team, spots two 'grows' in Greene County
- Knox County police officer arrested after ISP and FBI say he compromised undercover investigation
- 2018 ISP Scheid Diesel patrol results released
- Weapon stolen from ISP trooper vehicle
- ISP conducts a four-year-long investigation into local business owner