RICHLAND COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Illinois State Police reports a teenager is dead after an accident Tuesday evening involving a four-wheeler.
The accident happened around 5 p.m. (CT) at the intersection of Richland County Road 1750E and 800N, which is just south of Claremont.
Police report the four wheeler, driven by Colton D. Bender, 19 of Claremont, was north on CR 1750 East and did not stop at the stop sign. That is when police report a Jeep, driven by an 18-year-old from Olney, struck the four-wheeler.
Bender was thrown from the four-wheeler. He was taken to Carle Richland Memorial Hospital in Olney, but died from his injuries.
- 19-year-old killed after accident involving four-wheeler in Illinois
- Illinois State Trooper killed in accident
- Accident shuts down Paris, Illinois road
- One dead after accident in Illinois
- Illinois deputy killed in shooting
- One dead after accident in Vermilion County, Illinois
- 19-year-old accused of killing 17-year-old Garrett Sands released on $50,000 bond
- 19-year-old arrested on drug charges in Vincennes
- 19-year-old facing charges after threat at school in Marshall
- 19-year-old dies after inhaling deodorant spray to get high