MARSHALL, Ill. (WTHI) - Marshall, Illinois' Mayor goes against the city council and grants a liquor license to a convenience store.
Mayor John Trefz granted an open liquor license to the Casey's General Store, located at us 40 and Route One.
The Mayor said Casey's has agreed to keep any hard liquor in the store locked up.
Mayor Trefz also said he felt if he denied the license, Casey's could sue the city. Once Casey's gets its local license, it must then go to the state.
The Marshall Casey's already sells beer and wine.
- Marshall, Illinois Casey General Store granted liquor license
- Illinois governor vetoes bill to license gun stores
- Marshall, Illinois pool nearing completion
- Marshall to receive housing grant
- Marshall votes to pass Sunday carryout liquor sales
- Drinks to your door? Local liquor store offers delivery service
- Paris liquor stores seeing positive results for Sunday alcohol sales
- Local gun store worried after recent Illinois gun dealer licensing bill
- I-70 crash in Illinois just west of Casey forces detour
- Illinois State Fire Marshal announces $2.2 million in grants for fire safety