TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A group in Vigo County is still working to save convention center plans at the Hulman Center.
Six members of the Capital Improvement Board want the State Budget Committee to delay their vote, releasing money to ISU for Hulman Center renovations.
ISU got approval from education officials to move forward with those renovation plans last month.
If the Budget Committee also gives approval - the Convention Center idea for a 90-day delay.
They hope to regroup with ISU and save the original convention center project.
- Group working to save convention center plans at Hulman Center
- Officials working on traffic studies for proposed convention center locations
- Convention center plans available for viewing at open house
- Construction company selection for convention center project
- CIB meets to discuss convention center design
- Hulman Center renovations could start soon
- Vigo County's CIB renews it's commitment to convention center
- Terre Haute convention center could open in 2020
- New ordinance moves new convention center project forward
- Food and beverage tax progresses; new convention center in sight