WORTHINGTON, Ind. (WTHI) - A Worthington, Indiana woman faces charges of neglect of a dependent after allegedly burning an infant in her care.
A probable cause sent to News 10 from the Green County Circuit Court Clerk says 25-year-old Justine Daugherty was babysitting a 13-month-little boy for a friend.
The child ended up in the hospital with first and second-degree burns on his feet and legs.
A doctor told police the burns were from what is called dipping burns.
That's when a child is placed into a hot tub or basin.
- Worthington woman charged with neglect of a dependant
- Two behind bars in Martin County on drug and neglect of a dependent charges
- Worthington steakhouse a total loss after an overnight fire
- Terre Haute man enters guilty plea for five counts of neglect of a dependent
- Indiana man charged with neglect after toddler shoots sister
- Woman booked on neglect charges, police say two animals found so decomposed they couldn't tell what they were
- Feces covered cages, dead dogs, no food or water - police charge 73-year-old Loogootee woman with animal neglect and cruelty
- Neglected dogs looking for new homes
- Clay County animal neglect case under investigation
- Woman involved in deadly child neglect case waits to hear how her sentence will be served