CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police recover two stolen handguns and a 15-year-old is in custody.
On Monday, police responded to a report of two stolen handguns, a Ruger .357 and a Ruger .44.
According to the victim, the guns were stolen by a juvenile known to the family.
The minor was reported as a runaway on Monday in Brazil.
Police say the juvenile led investigators to a remote area in Clay County where they found the .357.
The .44 was sold to an adult.
Police were able to locate the .44 and were able to recover it without incident.
The 15-year-old is currently in the Vigo County Juvenile Detention Center, set to appear in court in Clay County on a later date.
Police say charges are pending on the adult that had the stolen .44 in relation to receiving a stolen weapon.
- Police recover two stolen handguns, juvenile in custody
- Police find stolen handgun during Terre Haute traffic stop
- Police continue the search for state trooper's stolen handgun
- Juvenile in custody after stabbing report
- Two arrested after police say they found stolen police issue handgun
- Police search for a stolen handgun after a series of car break-ins, two arrested
- Two juveniles in custody after alleged social media school threat
- 2 in custody after police find meth in stolen car
- Terre Haute Police received 30 reports of vandalism, several juveniles in custody
- Indiana lawmakers consider state handgun licensing repeal