LYFORD, Ind. (WTHI) – A new update is coming to a dangerous intersection in Parke County. The intersection at U.S. 41 and 163, also known as the Lyford Y, is set to change to a T intersection.
INDOT is planning to take bids in May of 2018.
Changes first started happening after 19-year-old Emily Herzog was killed in a crash in 2015.
INDOT began by installing flashing lights in the stop signs to prevent another deadly accident happening. The Clinton sign that sat in the middle of the Y intersection was also removed.
Now INDOT tells News 10 a potential T plan is set to begin next year.
Some neighbors say they are concerned the road would need to be expanded to create the T intersection.
Others say it would be a good change.
- Dangerous Lyford "Y" intersection set to change
- Lyford project turned dangerous
- Lyford Y intersection reopens, with temporary traffic signals
- Lyford Y closure pushed back
- Construction set to begin at dangerous intersection
- Residents learn more about proposed changes to Lyford Y
- More road closures at Lyford Y Monday
- First-responders deal with Lyford Y construction
- "I want to see it safe." Changes underway to intersection in Lyford
- INDOT holding open house for upcoming project on 'Lyford Y'