By MICHAEL MAROT
AP Sports Writer
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Andrew Luck has been ruled out of practice this week but could return next week.
Coach Chuck Pagano made the announcement Wednesday.
Pagano had said Monday that there was "a chance" Luck could be on the practice field this week. Indy's franchise quarterback hasn't practiced since having surgery on his throwing shoulder in January.
Without Luck, Indy has turned to second-year quarterback Jacoby Brissett , who has played well in his first two starts. He ran for two touchdowns and threw for another in last week's 31-28 win over Cleveland in Indy's first win this season.
Brissett faces a much bigger challenge this Sunday when the Colts (1-2) visit Seattle (1-2).
Pagano says he's hopeful Luck will come back next week.
More AP NFL: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL .
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Colts' Luck has been ruled out of practice this week
- Luck able to practice but ruled out for Colts' opener
- Colts’ Andrew Luck goes on injured reserve
- Colts hope Luck’s return makes coaching job more attractive
- Luck feeling healthy for start of Colts’ training camp
- Andrew Luck makes return as Colts beat Seahawks 19-17
- Colts QB Andrew Luck, former No. 1 pick, announces he's retiring
- Practicing faith at home
- North Vermillion wins Colts Leadership Challenge
- Ravens crash Luck’s homecoming with 20-19 preseason win