By MICHAEL MAROT
AP Sports Writer
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Andrew Luck will not play in Sunday's season opener against the Los Angeles Rams.
General manager Chris Ballard made the official announcement Monday.
Luck has not taken a snap or thrown a pass to a teammate since having January surgery to repair a partially torn labrum in his throwing shoulder.
Indy's franchise quarterback missed all of the team's offseason workouts, all of training camp and the preseason before he was activated from the physically unable to perform list Saturday. And it's no guarantee he'll be on the field later Monday when the Colts typically hold a light workout.
Scott Tolzien is likely to make his fourth NFL start, even after the Colts traded for Jacoby Brissett on Saturday.
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Luck able to practice but ruled out for Colts' opener
- Colts' Luck has been ruled out of practice this week
- Colts’ Andrew Luck goes on injured reserve
- Colts hope Luck’s return makes coaching job more attractive
- Luck feeling healthy for start of Colts’ training camp
- Andrew Luck makes return as Colts beat Seahawks 19-17
- Ravens crash Luck’s homecoming with 20-19 preseason win
- Luck of the Irish event ends with big winner
- Do you practice mindful eating?
- Pagano faces daunting challenge as Colts try to rebound