TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Office of the Attorney General's Mobile Operations Center paid a visit to the campus of Ivy Tech on Wednesday for a Drug Takeback Event.
While there, people were encouraged to drop off their unwanted, unused, and expired medications.
Those medications will then be safely disposed of.
Officials collected nearly 40 pounds of medication at the event.
Since March, the Attorney General's Office has collected more than 3,100 pounds of unwanted drugs.
- 40 pounds of medicine collected during drug takeback event
- Drug Takeback Day helps keep the city clean of unused or old prescription drugs
- Navigating Cough and Cold Medicines
- Indiana lawmakers consider medicinal marijuana
- IN AG hosts drug take back events
- Prescription drug collection happening Wednesday at local fairgrounds
- More than 5,000 pounds collected from Share Your Thanksgiving (so far)
- Nearly 30,000 pounds of food collected in Share Your Thanksgiving food drive
- Nuclear Medicine Week: A look inside Union Hospital's expanded facility
- 2 arrested in slaying of IU School of Medicine educator