MARTINSVILLE, Ill. (WTHI)- After nearly four and a half years, a suspect has been arrested in a homicide case out of Illinois.
20 year-old Kaylyn Whitaker was killed on Halloween in 2014.
The murder happened at a home in Martinsville, Illinois.
That's in Clark County.
24-year-old Connor Scott has been arrested in connection to the murder.
Police tell us Scott confessed to the crime.
The Hendricks County Jail confirms Scott was arrested early Monday morning by Danville City Police.
Danville Police said he walked into their headquarters Sunday night and gave a full confession.
Police tell us Scott had been living in Danville, Indiana for about six months after living in Noblesville.
If you'll remember, Whitaker died in 2014 at a home in Martinsville.
Back then, her parents told us that Scott claimed Whitaker shot herself.
At the time, Scott was Whitaker's boyfriend.
One year after she died, her death was ruled a homicide rather than a suicide.
News 10 has been in contact with Whitaker's parents.
They said this has been very hard for them.
They were not ready to speak on camera yet, but we hope to speak to them later this week.
- Suspect confesses in four year cold case out of Illinois
- Arrest made in four-year-old Clark County homicide case after suspect confesses
- Illinois Armed Robbery Suspect captured
- Sheriff’s report: Suspect confessed to Florida school attack
- Man charged in a four-year-old murder case had guns confiscated weeks before he allegedly confessed
- Farmersburg minor confesses to vandalizing park
- Family speaks out about cold case
- Former acquaintance reacts TH cold case solved
- Illinois’ 1st West Nile virus case confirmed in Chicago man
- Judge sentences woman in Crawford County, Illinois murder case