TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Each year the Humane Society of the United States releases its list of Horrible Hundred dog breeders. Four Indiana locations made this year's list.
Those facilities are in Greens Fork, Montgomery, Odon, and Reelsville.
According to the report, a dead and bloody puppy was found in a water dish at one location. Other animals were found with open wounds or suffering from heat stress.
The United States Department of Agriculture is tasked with inspecting the facilities. The Humane Society uses the reports to compile the Horrible Hundred list.
In the last year, the USDA has redacted information like the names of the breeders. The Humane Society claims the "lack of transparency" hinders efforts by law enforcement and consumers.
To see the full report, click here.
- 4 Indiana locations make "Horrible Hundred" list
- Local dog breeder makes "Horrible Hundred" list
- Indiana State University makes a list of most dangerous college campuses in U.S.
- 2018 Farmers' Almanac Locations
- Homicide victim's car located
- Indiana archdiocese preps list of priests accused of abuse
- Indiana task force to make alcohol recommendations
- Police locate Oswald's Honda CRV
- 21 voting centers approved for Vigo County, including one located on campus of Indiana State University
- Harrison College to close all of their Indiana, Ohio, and North Carolina locations