SEELYVILLE, Ind. (WTHI) - There's big news for the small town of Seelyville.
The town council approved 10-year tax abatements for Saturn Petcare
They plan to move into the former Kellogg's plant on US Highway 40.
The company will make wet pet food.
These abatements cover real estate and personal property tax abatements.
That means 200 new jobs by the fifth year of the abatements.
We spoke with the town manager of Seelyville.
He told us most residents supported the abatements, but some had concerns about the potential smell.
The company assured locals their operation produces no bad smells.
Construction could begin next year and be done by 2020.
- 200 jobs could come to Seelyville, board talks tax abatements
- 200 new jobs on the way to Seelyville
- Seelyville boil order lifted
- Folks in Seelyville disappointed jobs aren't coming to vacant plant
- Seelyville sewer rates will increase
- Crime Stoppers: The Seelyville Dollar General theft
- Crews begin demolition of Seelyville building
- Hydrant flushing for Seelyville Water Works Customers
- Seelyville awarded state grant to improve roads
- Casey's construction site in Seelyville collapses, workers hurt