CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Two police officers have been shot in New Jersey.
Authorities say the shooting happened around 8:30 p.m. in Camden, just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia.
The Camden County officers were taken to an area hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
It’s unclear what led to the shooting. It occurred on National Night Out, an event designed to bring local police and the communities they serve together.
No arrests have been made and no other information was immediately available.
- 2 police officers shot, wounded at New Jersey National Night Out event
- Rockville holds their National Night Out event
- Police: Indiana officer accidentally shoots, wounds self
- Gunfire erupts at New Jersey arts festival; 22 wounded
- National Night Out events planned for several Wabash Valley communities
- Man sues police officer who shot him
- Officer killed, 6 other officers wounded in South Carolina
- Authorities: Off-duty Indiana trooper shot, wounded by son
- 5 people, including 2 judges, shot, wounded in Indianapolis
- National Police week honors fallen officers