WASHINGTON, Ind. (WTHI) - An early morning fire destroyed a turkey barn in Daviess County.
The Washington, Indiana fire chief told us around 15,000 turkeys were inside at the time...and died.
The fire happened south of Washington, Indiana.
The Washington Township Fire Department shared photos from the fire.
The department said the main building is a total loss.
The fire chief told us the cost of losing the turkeys and the building could be near $1 million.
Fire crews were able to protect two other barns.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 15,000 turkeys die in Daviess County barn fire
- Daviess County turkey barn destroyed in fire
- Nearly 3,000 turkeys die after Thanksgiving day fire in Daviess County
- Fire destroys Daviess county business
- Daviess County Election Results
- Daviess county honors the fallen
- Daviess County seeking community input
- 100 Women Who Give makes $15,000 donation
- Fire crews respond to overnight barn fire
- Daviess County man charged with dealing meth