WASHINGTON, Ind. (WTHI) - An early morning fire destroyed a turkey barn in Daviess County.
The Washington, Indiana fire chief told us around 15,000 turkeys were inside at the time...and died.
The fire happened south of Washington, Indiana.
The Washington Township Fire Department shared photos from the fire.
The department said the main building is a total loss.
The fire chief told us the cost of losing the turkeys and the building could be near $1 million.
Fire crews were able to protect two other barns.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 15,000 turkeys die in Daviess County barn fire
- Nearly 3,000 turkeys die after Thanksgiving day fire in Daviess County
- Fire destroys Daviess county business
- Daviess county honors the fallen
- Daviess County seeking community input
- 100 Women Who Give makes $15,000 donation
- Daviess County man charged with dealing meth
- Power restored in Daviess and Martin counties
- Odon woman killed in Daviess County crash
- Police in Daviess County investigate attempted kidnapping