TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Police have made an arrest in an investigation into the shooting threat at a Vigo County High School.
That's according to the Terre Haute Police Department.
On Wednesday, police arrested a 15-year-old boy.
That arrest comes one week after a post on social media threatened a school shooting at Terre Haute South.
That threat caused nervous moments for many parents, with many choosing to not send their child to school the day after the alleged threat.
Police say the suspect is a Terre Haute South student.
He is facing charges of intimidation and possession of marijuana.
The teen is currently in the Vigo County Juvenile Center.
Police say Vigo County Schools worked closely with police throughout the investigation.
Police are not releasing the suspect's name because he is under the age of 18.
The case remains under investigation, but police do not have any reason to believe there will be any more arrests.
Vigo County Superintendent Rob Haworth told News 10 the corporation would like to thank law enforcement.
- 15-year-old arrested in connection to Terre Haute South social media threat
- No updates from police after social media shooting threat at Terre Haute South
- Haworth: No viable threat at Terre Haute South after rumors
- Suspect arrested in connection with October shooting in Terre Haute
- Suspect arrested in connection to vehicle fires in Terre Haute
- Man wanted in connection to Terre Haute shooting arrested
- Arrest made in connection to Terre Haute Mexican restaurant robbery
- Two people arrested in connection to Terre Haute shooting
- Three arrested in connection to Terre Haute armed robbery
- Confusion spread after threats on social media in Knox County