TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Investigators are blaming discarded smoking material for a fire that happened in Terre Haute Sunday afternoon.
The fire happened near 13th and Orchard Street.
Investigators say it started outside a home near a window.
Although the fire was ruled accidental, fire crews say it's important to remember to safely throw out smoking trash.
No injuries were reported.
- 13th and Orchard Street fire caused by smoking material
- North 13th Street fire from Monday night ruled accidental
- Part of 13th Street to be closed for tree removal
- Craft bazaar celebrates 13th year
- Work to be done Tuesday on 8th Avenue near 13th Street
- Construction project leaves parts of 13th and 14th Streets closed in Terre Haute
- Main circuit pole damaged along 13th Street due to heavy rain
- Terre Haute to start another train overpass project near 13th Street and 8th Avenue
- Police identify driver killed in Monday night crash on 13th Street
- Smoked ribs, smoked chicken, and a smoked sign: Rick's Smokehouse sign catches fire