TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Several area non-profits have a lot more money in their accounts.
The Wabash Valley Community Foundation distributed its grants for the spring.
- American Red Cross $10,000 for Fire Prevention Project
- Arts Illiana $6,700 for Pop-Up Arts Festivals
- Launch Terre Haute $25,000 for Wabash Valley Entrepreneurship Programming
- reTHink Inc. $10,000 for kitchen updates at the Hope Community Center
- Terre Haute Meal on Wheels $25,000 for Program Support
- The League of Terre Haute $25,000 for Program Support
- Wabash Valley Health Center $9,000 for Colorectal and Diabetic Screenings
- World Gospel Church $10,000 for Community Garden
The group gave out more than $120,000 this morning.
These recipients all perform services that improve Vigo County and surrounding areas.
One of them was the World Gospel Church in Vigo County.
It received $10,000 for its Community Garden.
- $120,000 in grant money distributed to local non-profits
- Storm-Crest medieval festival raises money for local non-profits
- Local art programs receive grant money
- Grants awarded to non-profit arts groups
- 9 non-profits receive grant money from Wabash Valley Comm. Foundation
- Non-profit receives national accreditation
- Bleeding trauma kits distributed to Illinois schools
- Launch Terre Haute utilizing grant money to create podcast studio
- Grant money helps students develop workforce skills through technology
- Wabash Valley airport seeks grant money for runway project