TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana State University is working to spread an empowering message, through females in technology.
On Friday the College of Technology hosted the Fit for the Future event.
The Sycamores offered hands-on activities for high school students. Speakers also shared their career experiences.
Organizers say they hope to inspire girls to learn more about careers in math, science, technology and engineering.
“They're not the only female that's going to be in the class, that there are more of us, and we'd like more!” said organizer Alyssa Wozniak. “The more we spread our knowledge about stem and women empowerment in the stem fields, that they're not alone - they can do it."
This was the 11th year for the event at Indiana State.
- 11th year for Fit for Future event at Indiana State University
- Indiana State University celebrates a decade of fitness on campus
- Indiana State University projects attract 1,200 jobs
- Indiana State University receives $64 million project
- Indiana State University hosts student job fair
- Indiana State University helping displaced students
- Indiana State University prepares for 2019 graduation
- Indiana State University remembers Jamal Khashoggi
- March through the Arch event held at Indiana State University to welcome the class of 2023
- SMWC holds 11th annual homecoming