GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - More than a hundred new, high-wage jobs will soon be coming to southern Indiana.
Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb joined Integrity Defense Services, Inc. staff in Greene County on Friday afternoon to announce plans to establish and grow operations over the next few years.
Owner David Burkett announced the business is expanding thanks to a recently awarded five-year contract to produce equipment for the U.S. Marine Corps.
Burkett says, "We're looking to hopefully triple in size by the beginning of next year, hopefully."
IDSI is a defense contractor providing services to organizations like Crane, also located in Greene County. It was first opened in December of last year and, according to Burkett, currently employs 15 people. A hundred and sixty new jobs could be added by the end of 2022.
Burkett says, "I'm a Greene county guy. I was born and raised here so seeing this area develop means a lot to me and having a part in it means a lot because as a small business owner you look at these guys as your family."
Governor Eric Holcomb explains half of the jobs will go to people in Greene County.
Governor Eric Holcomb says, "They're not just jobs, they're careers. These are careers that are paying well above the state average for new jobs, like forty percent, north of forty percent more."
Burkett says he is looking for people he can train on the job.
Burkett says, "Just being able to have that influence on this community and being able to hire people that I've known my entire life that might not have had the opportunity to go to college but their skill set is still very important even though they don't have a college degree."
Hiring starts now. Burkett hopes to double his workforce to thirty over the next year.
If you are interested in apply for a job you can do so online here.
- 100 new-high paying jobs coming to Greene County
- Next Level Job Fair hopes to connect workers with high paying jobs
- Jobs coming with local factory expansion
- 6th annual 'Made in Greene County' event
- Silver Alert issued for Greene County man
- Greene County murder trial on-going
- Greene County man found guilty of murder
- Greene County man dies in mining accident
- Greene County hospital shows off new art
- Police investigating a homicide in Greene County