VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - 100 Women Who Care of Vigo County donated $13,000 to help local children on Wednesday.
They chose the non-profit Camp Navigate because of the camp's mission.
They're set on teaching skills and traditional values.
Camp Navigate says they'll use the donation money on two projects…
1. To supply financial assistance for after school care for students in the West Vigo area
2. On a new program called "Teen Navigators"
Organizers are excited to use this money to expand.
"We know the workforce demands are only increasing so Camp Navigate is here to help really teach kids at a young age, the importance of employability skills,” explained Lori Danielson. “Shaking hands, looking people in the eye, please and thank you, those are all important things in our workforce."
According to their website, Camp Navigate’s summer camp registration will be available in March.
- 100 Women Who Care donate $13,000 to Camp Navigate
- Camp Navigate
- 100 Women Who Give makes $15,000 donation
- Camp Navigate summer camp prepares kids for future
- Navigating Cough and Cold Medicines
- Terre Haute North students hold special event for Camp Navigate
- 100+ Women Who Care of Clay County making big impact in Vigo County
- ACLU of Indiana releases plan to cut jail population in the state by 13,000 people
- 'We don't talk a lot about how to care for our elderly and senior members,' local groups share ways to navigate through the aging process
- NAACP turns 100