TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Friday was a special day for 10 local inmates.
Ivy Tech Community College in Terre Haute held a graduation ceremony.
It marked the completion of a welding program by the group of inmates.
The program was part of a collaboration between Ivy Tech and the Department of Corrections.
The goal is to help those inmates reenter society.
Officials say getting good employment opportunities is one of the first steps.
There are around 350,000 open jobs in welding fields across the United States.
- 10 inmates complete Ivy Tech welding program
- Ivy Tech hosts welding competition
- Ivy Tech program in Terre Haute receives statewide honors
- Ivy Tech offers opportunity to shadow Diesel Technology Program
- Ivy Tech hosts annual agriculture expo
- Ivy Tech's Precision Ag facility grows
- Ivy Tech students receive hands-on experience
- Ivy Tech holds Express Enrollment Day
- Ivy Tech offers new mining class
- Ivy Tech Community College MRI Certificate