VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County leaders say they hope to have an official location for the new Vigo County Jail on Wednesday.
The defendants in the lawsuit over the Vigo County Jail gave an update to a federal judge on Tuesday.
The Vigo County Council will consider the chosen location at its next regular meeting on May 14th.
There are three potential sites for the new jail.
They are the old golf course behind the Honey Creek Mall, the former Thompson Honda dealership, and State Road 63 and Springhill.
- Vigo County leaders update federal judge on jail progress
- Vigo County leaders making progress in jail location search
- Vigo County leaders talk jail conditions in federal court
- Deadline placed for Vigo County Jail update
- Update on new Vigo County jail location
- County leaders unveil plans for new Vigo County Jail
- Federal judge on Vigo County Jail: "The time for a solution is now"
- Attorneys for Vigo County Jail inmates express concern about new jail progress, asking for court-ordered update
- County leaders, public hears final jail recommendations
- Vigo County leaders hold mock election