VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Vigo County leaders say they hope to have an official location for the new Vigo County Jail on Wednesday.
The defendants in the lawsuit over the Vigo County Jail gave an update to a federal judge on Tuesday.
The Vigo County Council will consider the chosen location at its next regular meeting on May 14th.
There are three potential sites for the new jail.
They are the old golf course behind the Honey Creek Mall, the former Thompson Honda dealership, and State Road 63 and Springhill.
- Vigo County leaders update federal judge on jail progress
- Vigo County leaders making progress in jail location search
- Vigo County leaders talk jail conditions in federal court
- Vigo County leaders set to meet with a federal judge over jail lawsuit
- Update on new Vigo County jail location
- Deadline placed for Vigo County Jail update
- Vigo County Jail update status hearing canceled
- County leaders unveil plans for new Vigo County Jail
- Federal judge on Vigo County Jail: "The time for a solution is now"
- Vigo County leaders approve rezoning for new jail property