TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Sheriff's Office wants you to be aware of a scam that is making the rounds.
It's an attack on your personal computer.
The sheriff's office has received reports of computer ransomware attacks to individual computers.
The hacks may demand money to get your information back.
You are advised to back up computer data onto an external media device often.
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of ransomware computer hacks
- Vigo County government computer systems back up and running after ransomware attack
- Ransomware Virus still affecting Vigo County Government Departments
- Vigo County leaders bring outside help after ransomware attack
- Virus takes out Vigo County Government computers
- Sheriff's Office warning of phone scam circulating in Vigo County
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of attempted scam
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns about 'Price is Right' scam
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of 'jail bond scam'
- Vigo County government offices were attacked by ransomware...what happens next?