CUMBERLAND COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Nearly 3,000 piglets were on the loose Friday morning after a livestock truck overturned on Interstate 70.
It happened between Casey and Greenup, Illinois.
That is in Cumberland County.
Police say the driver of the truck became ill, leading to the crash.
The driver was cited for improper lane usage.
About 100 pigs were killed in the crash.
It took several police and fire agencies to wrangle the rest of the 3,000 piglets.
The surviving pigs continued their destination in Indiana
- Thousands of piglets run free on I-70 as livestock truck overturns
- Semi overturns at I-70 exit
- Avon man injured in I-70 crash after truck and camper overturn
- Cleanup complete for overturned grain truck
- Dump truck destroys overhead electronic sign on WB I-70
- Police investigating crash on I-70
- Farmer uses livestock auction to support food pantries
- 4-H Livestock Auction helps students pay for college
- I-70 westbound closed near Plainfield after crash involving multiple semi trucks
- Truck full of chicken catches fire on I-70 in Clay County