TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A big crowd showed up to Mingle With a Mayor on Thursday.
Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett stopped by the Grand Traverse Pie Company.
A lot of people showed up to share their thoughts and concerns.
They addressed a proposed casino, the YMCA pool, and even projects coming up this summer.
Mayor Bennett said he likes having the opportunity to speak to the public.
He said each meeting is getting bigger and bigger.
"This has been a great venue to do this, and the people are very dedicated. They come and they're here early and they stay late," Mayor Bennett said.
Minge With the Mayor takes place once a month.
- The YMCA pool and a proposed casino were hot topics at Mingle With a Mayor
- YMCA pool one step closer to opening
- Terre Haute's mayor says the city and YMCA reach verbal agreement to reopen the pool
- No swimming: YMCA members fight to keep pool open
- People pack city council chambers to discuss YMCA pool
- Efforts continue to reopen YMCA Pool in Vigo County
- YMCA Pool: Terre Haute's mayor feels confident, while the Y says talks of it reopening are premature
- Cracker barrel sessions wrap up for the season with a hot topic of hate crimes
- Cost and location still hot topics during new Vigo County jail discussions
- Changes coming to Vigo County YMCA, pool set to close until further notice