TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute teen is waiting to hear if his case will be waived to adult court.
There are new details on a case involving the Terre Haute South Vigo High School student.
The 16-year-old was charged in connection to a crash that killed 17-year-old Jenna Perrelle.
That crash happened in February.
A hearing was originally set for next week on a motion that would waive the cause to adult court. That hearing has been moved to April.
The 16-year-old was charged with reckless homicide, criminal recklessness, and reckless driving.
The prosecutor's office for a waiver on the case, but the defense asked for it to be continued.
The hearing will now take place on April 18th.
The 16-year-old's name is being withheld from court records due to his age. If he is tried as an adult court, his name will be released.
- Terre Haute teen waiting to see if his case will be moved to adult court in connection to Jenna Perrelle death
- Clay County teen's case moved to adult court
- 16-year-old driver of car involved in a crash that killed Jenna Perrelle arrested
- Terre Haute man sentenced in connection to a child death case
- Jury seated in Terre Haute murder case
- Terre Haute Police investigate shots fired case
- Terre Haute woman makes plea agreement in connection to murder case
- Suspect arrested in connection with October shooting in Terre Haute
- Suspect arrested in connection to vehicle fires in Terre Haute