TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Employees at Terre Haute Regional Hospital had a big surprise on Tuesday morning for Fuqua Elementary students.
Principal Mary Beth Harris said she didn't expect all of these donations when she arrived at the hospital.
Employees gathered backpacks and school supplies to donate to those students.
It's to help the students with their weekend backpack program.
More than 2,300 items were donated to the students, including 164 backpacks.
- Terre Haute hospital makes donation to backpack program
- Backpack Program receives generous donation
- Terre Haute McDonald's locations donate 20 percent of Thursday night sales to Backpack Program
- Terre Haute kids make and sell bracelets to help Backpack Program
- Terre Haute hospital shows off new robotics program
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- West Terre Haute Police Department makes donation to community center
- Blue Angels make stops at both Terre Haute hospitals
- Local restaurant gives Backpack Program a boost
- Vigo County School's backpack program getting revamped