TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - The Terre Haute Fire Department is looking to replace three ambulances in the near future.
On Monday, The Board of Public Works and Safety will open bids for the new ambulances.
The board will discuss financing as early as next month.
The city's fire chief says these ambulances make thousands of runs each year, and it's time to replace them.
They will cost about $235,000 each.
The fire department's EMS fund, not tax dollars will pay for them.
- THFD shopping for new ambulances
- THFD receives first of three new ambulances
- THFD accepting job applications
- THFD holds live fire training
- THFD to receive three new ambulances by the end of next month
- THFD works to become more energy efficient
- THFD receives a grant worth about $284,000
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- THFD: City burn ordinance means you cannot burn leaves
- THFD stresses the importance of smoke detector placement