SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Experts say there's a strong correlation between trauma and low academic achievement.
Teachers can now better understand and address some of those childhood experiences.
On Wednesday, the staff at Sullivan High School went through 'Trauma Informed Training.'
The Hamilton Center hosted the session.
Staff learned about identifying struggles and how to work through issues.
The program emphasizes building relationships with students having a tough time.
- Sullivan teachers learn how to handle student trauma
- Sullivan high school students learn firearm safety in class
- Sullivan elementary student learn first-hand what to do when disaster hits
- Nearly 100 Sullivan County kids learn life-saving lesson
- Sullivan kids have the chance to learn about healthy bodies
- Sullivan students meet a local author
- Sullivan students receive some hands-on experience
- Lawsuit against a Sullivan County school corporation's handling of rape allegation still active, suggestions for changes
- Students learn about the future of cars
- Educators learn how to better protect students