SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A local cemetery is now on the National Register of Historic Places.
Center Ridge Cemetary in Sullivan has been there since 1870.
The cemetery superintendent started the process to get it listed about four years ago.
The National Parks Service approved the nomination this month.
Now, the cemetery has access to special grants for necessary repairs.
- Sullivan County cemetery receives listing on National Register of Historic Places
- Wabash Valley state park added to National Register of Historic Places
- Cyber scammers target Sullivan historical society mailing list
- Sullivan County Humane Society receives $1,000 grant
- Cemetery board reacts to Bethesda Cemetery cleanup
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Clay County school receives national honors
- Sullivan Beta Club receives big donation
- Sullivan County Park and Lake receives big donation