VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - News 10 has received a statement from the Vigo County School Corporation one day after learning about the felony charges for superintendent Danny Tanoos faces.
Read the full statement below:
"Yesterday, the Vigo County School Corporation was informed of criminal charges filed by the Marion County Prosecutor against a VCSC employee.
Today we have started an investigation, with the assistance of our legal counsel, which will include conducting interviews and following the due process requirements mandated by law. Along with the investigation, VCSC has launched a comprehensive review of School Board policy and administrative guidelines.
A major focus of the review will be vendor relationships, purchasing procedures, and overall school finance."
- Statement on Danny Tanoos from the Vigo County School Corporation
- Judge denies motion to dismiss the charges against former Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent Danny Tanoos
- What will it take to terminate Danny Tanoos' contract from the Vigo County School Corporation?
- What is inside Danny Tanoos' school corporation contract? See it here
- Vigo County School Corporation releases survey results
- Danny Tanoos wraps up his last day as superintendent
- Former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos faces three felony bribery charges
- VCSC 'moving forward' following termination of Danny Tanoos
- Danny Tanoos to appear for a judge on November 14th
- Judge postpones trial for former superintendent Danny Tanoos