TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An Indiana State Police trooper involved in a shooting in Crawfordsville is from the Wabash Valley.
Police have identified Daniel Organ as that trooper.
Organ is a graduate of Riverton-Parke High School and Indiana State University.
Police say Organ ultimately shot and killed Glenn Rightsell last week.
A neighbor caught video of the incident.
Rightsell was working on his daughter's vehicle on the side of U.S. 231.
Police also say Organ told investigators Rightsell grabbed his weapon.
That is when Organ fired.
Rightsell died at an area hospital from his injuries.
Organ has been placed on administrative leave during the investigation.
- State Trooper involved in Crawfordsville shooting has Wabash Valley ties
- Services set for Illinois State Police trooper with Wabash Valley ties killed in the line of duty
- Wabash Valley kids explore the Wabash River
- Event creeps into Wabash Valley
- National spotlight on Wabash Valley
- Hospice of the Wabash Valley
- Governor visits Wabash Valley Town
- Shutdown worries Wabash Valley farmers
- Earthquakes in the Wabash Valley
- Wabash Valley Nearing Drought Status