TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana Special Olympics expects a record number of athletes for this year's summer games.
More than 2,700 athletes will be in Terre Haute this weekend.
Crews have started work setting up the venues.
We caught up with a group setting up the Bocce Ball courts.
Offenders from the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility were helping.
This is the 6th year the offenders have helped with Special Olympics set-up.
Competitions mainly happen around the campuses of Indiana State University and Rose-Hulman.
For a full schedule, click here.
- Set-up underway for this weekend's Special Olympics games
- Summer games underway for Special Olympics Indiana
- Special Olympics Economic Impact
- "It's probably one of the few times it's all about them." Special Olympics Summer Games begin
- National Road Yardsale underway, shop set up in Brazil
- Beekeepers' Spring preparations underway
- ISU Homecoming events underway
- Locals take cold plunge for Special Olympics Indiana
- Special Olympics return to Terre Haute next week
- Tradition sparks excitement at Indiana Special Olympics opening ceremony