VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police say a speeding semi driver on I-70 was also drunk.
On Wednesday, Indiana State Police pulled over a semi being driven by 48-year-old Omar Gomez of Colorado between the Terre Haute and West Terre Haute on-ramps in Vigo County.
While talking with Gomez, troopers said he displayed signs consistent with impairment.
Police say Gomez tested with a .08% bac level.
He was reportedly hauling 43,000 lbs of cement.
Gomez was arrested and charged with driving under the influence.
- Semi driver pulling 43,000 lbs. of cement pulled over, allegedly driving drunk in Vigo County
- Daviess County man arrested after allegedly pulling gun on Walmart employees
- Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over Campaign starting
- Drunk driving impacts more than just the driver's life
- 14 Worms Pulled From Oregon Woman's Eye
- Trump considering pulling security clearances of critics
- Crawford County community pulls together for mental health awareness day
- Suspected drunk driver caught on dashcam
- Companies offering services to prevent drunk driving
- Dugger students learn drunk driving lesson